Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The New Peace of Reinhold Messner – Tiroler Tageszeitung Online

Mr. Messner, quite honestly, you Nervt the whole hype around your 70th birthday not a little? And how do you celebrate this anniversary as? Messner: The birthday is not hype, we do not allow, he is a private story. Not a single journalist is invited, even though there were offers to be with the camera here. I want to celebrate my birthday with friends on a mountain, we want to sleep in the open and it rains, we’ll go to Sigmundskron Castle. I imagine the that I am 70 years old. Moreover, this has no meaning.

With 70 years so you can see some things might be different than it was years ago. You currently have. B. recently said in an interview, you would no longer like before commenting on any criticism directed at you. What do you think differently today than 50? Messner: With 50 I knew I purely physically seen workings. A year after my 50th birthday I had the accident on Juval Castle, in which I shattered my heel bone. I go today but still climbing and still have a good stamina. However, it is not important for me to be in top form. What other concerns: The courage is not been lost me, but I am more cautious. As for me personally, the people must now say anything they want. It’s only a warmed soup that always comes from the same corner. I’m stuck now in a fog, the no one can see through. But I did not let him arise, the mist is created in the minds of others.

Speaking as a certain age mildness out? Messner: I think it’s fair that I fought earlier, albeit at times with too much anger. I can develop a lot of aggression, which is innate in me and has often helped me to survive life-threatening situations. And I can use the word sharp weapon. Today I see many middle-class than it was 20 or 30 years, even more relaxed.

For your 70th birthday you have a book entitled “Life and Survival “written. Which brings us to the topic: You have countless dangerous ascents and expeditions made, while many of your companions have died there. Why have you survived

Messner: First and foremost it has to do with instinct. I have the other so nothing ahead. In terms of physical genius, I’m just a normal person. However, I have come very early for mountaineering. With five years I got my first three thousand mounted and with 12, 13 years, my younger brother Günther and I already climbed much difficult. I would never leave my children in the age in 500-meter-high walls rise. Later I became older by climbers for experienced mountaineers. Only the instinct I had, others had not. The only had one, and indeed the Peter Habeler. That is why we never had on the mountain much discuss, we have always felt the same and thought the same thing. And that was our genius.

But in the mountains so would always also can strike the said residual risk? Messner: That’s true, but I’m a cautious person, although one may not believe. And of course my survival has to do with luck. If anyone has a lifetime so extreme operates mountaineering like me, the chance to stay alive, relatively low. Of the 50 top mountaineers from my age, my time, still live a few. Many have lost their lives.

Her new book consists of 70 chapters and you have said in advance that you write about things you believe to see through your life differently than a normal middle-class man. What do you mean like so

Messner: The chapters that are probably most discussed are those of religion and God. This is due to the fact that I have met because of my expeditions with many different religious groups and have lived with them for months. My opinion is that all religions have been invented by men of genius. Incidentally, almost all founders of religion from the mountain, I’ll tell u. A. Herein in the Messner Mountain Museum in Schloss Sigmundskron in Firmian.

Does that that you are an atheist? Messner: No, I’m not an atheist. Only I do not believe anything of what is recounted in matters of religion. I’m rather a Possibilist, I leave everything open and confess that I do not have the ability to capture the otherworldly and comprehend.

This is interesting, because you have often been in life-threatening situations, where the belief in something divine would be quite understandable. Messner: No, for me it was not available in these situations that I disappear into nothingness, a matter of course. For me, the image of the afterlife infinite silence and infinite time, infinite space. And nothingness and infinity are basically identical after the higher mathematics.

you have previously written 51 books, now your daughter Magdalena has a book on Their philosophy written as mining? What is this feeling? Messner: I run three small, partially leased mountain farms, because my whole life is nothing but an attempt of self-sufficiency. I want to be independent of sponsors and politicians and rulers. If I’m out on the Eiger north wall, there is no power. The book of my daughter I do not know yet, however, is her first – which focused on our Juval from an art historical point of view – very good. I was thrilled. In the next days I’ll read the new book about me than self alone. I am very excited

At your museums. With the end of the sixth Messner- Mountain Museum is scheduled to open at the Kronplatz near Bruneck. Was planned the construction of the Persian star architect Zaha Hadid. How was working with her

Messner: With Zaha Hadid I once phoned. She has an idea of ​​mine got and then made their design. Nor do I was financing the construction, I am only responsible for the innards, the content. Because Hadid but everything has planned around, it will be the most difficult of my museums. When it comes to hanging pictures, I am required, Hadid is an artist. With this sixth museum but is then concluded. At present we counted 160,000 visitors per year. With the sixth museum we hope to come to 200,000 guests. And we need. If we can maintain this number over several years, everything is financed. We get namely no public money

Quite a different theme:. On Good Friday, the terrible accident happened on Everest, which called for 16 deaths. Will change as a result, with the start of the Everest 2015 season anything at the local mass casserole

Messner: Nothing will change, nothing. Must be being told that this accident was a work accident. This Sherpas perished, who prepared before the start of the season the slopes up to the summit. However, they have come in recent years in the icefall too far to the left. In five years – I guarantee – all eight-thousanders will be prepared and ready for mass ascents. As five of them for 20 years.

Your first eight-thousand-led expedition to Nanga Parbat. There, your brother Günther had an accident, the story has long made headlines. How did you then had the strength to climb the eight-thousanders

Messner: The parents, the brothers have urged that let at last. There have also been allegations. Than might have been expected for years for something to happen. No one could imagine how I could go on. Gunther and I had made 80 to 100 challenging climbing tours per year. This passion has meant that I wanted to continue. I could not bring into being the brother. Günther but still goes with me to the mountains. Unless a deceased person in the memory of another is present, it is still present in some form.

Reinhold Messner will perhaps make a film, it has was told a few days ago. What is truth? Messner: I’ve been telling stories in different forms. And I am not a director, but I think I know the mountain. When I’m done with the museum in the winter, I give the whole. And then I will bring the story I have in mind to the canvas – a family saga that is over 120 years and playing the lead role in the mountains. But now it is all about the still auszuverhandelnde film promotion

One last point:. Feel as a living legend? Messner: (laughs). No, I am only for people outside a living legend. I’m Reinhold Messner.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment