Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Wölli was “somehow still Tote Hose” – Derwesten.de


              Dusseldorf.
             The former drummer for the band to Campino wanted it as “Wölli and the band of the year” again know. A look back.

With the Toten Hosen he had 15 years achieved everything you can achieve as a rock musician in Germany. Then Wolfgang “Wölli” Rohde had in 2000 a serious car accident, which forced him to quit his job on the drums. 2011 urging him to “Wölli and the Band of the Year” again in the spotlight. Why does he do that again, asked him then Georg Howahl – Five years before he died Monday of complications from kidney cancer. Looking back:

First: Should I Mr Rohde say or Wölli

Rohde?: . I’m Wölli

So Wölli: Why are you doing this

Rohde: I’m wondering that in the turmoil of recent days sometimes. But the answer I give with most songs on my plate: It’s probably just the joy of life. With the musicians, it is namely like footballers. No one likes to sit on the bench, all want the lawn and play

The own musical career was but far checked or

Rohde: My accident then, two days coma, in the right half of the body, each bone was broken, all broken. One and a half years I am walking around on crutches. That was the end of my career drummer, very clear. But I am, after the death jumped off the shovel.

To what extent has changed like that?

Rohde: If you have such an experience that you do not shake just so off and go on to other matters. With me is stuck: I’ve been so lucky with the Toten Hosen time, of which I was a little bit back. I have devoted myself to the youth, founded the festival Rock am Turm and my own label for the offspring reared Golden Times Records.

Was that your way of the shock then deal

Rohde: I have never cursed the accident. I never asked myself: Why me? You have to live. It has happened and finished. I tried to make the best of it. I had arrived with 50 anyway almost at the expiration date. Maybe the accident has also allowed me to let go.

But now, almost 62 years since the urge returns limelight?

Rohde: After five or six years at your desk – even though I have since worked with young bands – was my no longer enough. When I with the Cologne band P: wanted lot record something, we have to Vicky Leandros song “I love life” was recorded. And so came the whole ball rolling.

Where the single “Everything again from the beginning” practically an unofficial Toten Hosen song is …

Rohde: Yes, that was really fun: Kuddel, Andi, Breiti and from were in the studio. As quickly came an atmosphere as in the past. Considering that have made the thing right around, I’m the boys grateful.

Will you be there wistfully?

Rohde: I have spent with the Toten Hosen the best 15 years of my life. I have with those achieved everything.

Has Campino the album helped a bit?

Rohde: In February I am with all my songs into pants studio because I was with Campi, who gave the texts to polish. I mean: The man wrote in his life hundreds of songs, I’m practically the newcomers. Why should I his help so do not take?

But he’s much younger …

Rohde: I was with sister Beata Campinos then in Berlin as six, seven years together. I know the Campino, as could the movies hardly here on the table, since he was ten years old. At that time, the already entertainer qualities, although he has adults also annoyed us.

So your friends have remained for life.

Rohde: After my accident I am officially out of the band out – but actually I was never quite out. I’m somehow still ToteHose

Info:. On drums the Toten Hosen, there were some line-up changes. After primal drummer Trini Trimpop got out in 1985, briefly took Jacob Kreusen place before did the job in 1986 Wolfgang “Wölli” Rohde. However, during the 90 Wölli had problems with the disc, therefore, was added by Ritchie 1998, the previously among others Doctor & amp; The Medics had tumbled.

Georg Howahl

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment