Monday, October 13, 2014

Nana Mouskouri – The “Girl from Greece” 80 years old – THE WORLD

Nana Mouskouri has sold nearly as many records as Madonna in her life. Otherwise she shares with her colleague, only the preference for stage costumes by Jean Paul Gaultier. Shortly before her 80th birthday, she is relegated to a simple business hotel in Frankfurt, where she also leads her interviews.

Beautiful she finds it not at all there, but because of the Book Fair, the city was now crowded times. But because of such little luxuries it would never come to mind, even to forgive a mouth Mouskouri. Because she is a woman who brings her fans to tears, but would themselves never complain

ICON:. Celebrate your 80th birthday. How many bouquets you achieve experience, at a round birthday

Nana Mouskouri: I get so many flowers, not only Birthday Whether performing. I am very spoiled. But this time I have my management explicitly told that they should communicate that all people who want to send me flowers, the money would prefer to donate to a charitable organization.

So no” White Roses from Athens “on this birthday?

Probably not, but that’s because the song only in German is called so. In the original Greek song no roses came before.

enter your birthday concert in Hamburg. Why just there?

Ehrlich said it is a coincidence. We had to take Hamburg, because it was the only German city which had capacity on 13 October. But I am happy because I connect with Hamburg beautiful memories, I used there made many recordings.

What else happened on this day? Maintain certain rituals?

No, I care no special rituals, I spend my birthday as any other day. The only difference will be this time I am pleased even more to the evening. During the day I’m going to stay alone in my room and prepare myself mentally for the arrival. My family knows that she is not to call before a performance I like to search and to congratulate them.

Do you suffer after all these years because about more from stage fright?

Of course! Each concert is different and I feel a great responsibility to my audience. I must be good. Before a shake always the same doubts. It is not so easy on stage as in the kitchen for cooking or washing.

Cook like?

Yes, very much and I noticed that many good singers like to cook, because it is also a creative act. I also like to cook for others.

“artContent” which court you are famous? To the joy your children when you come to your home?

My kids love spaghetti with my special sauce, a sort of Greek Bolognese and my special meatballs. Basically I cook a lot of vegetables: beans, potatoes and salad in all variations are common among us on the table

In the 90 years. you could discover another surprising talent to you when you moved in Greece into the European Parliament. What was your motivation to go at that time in politics?

I wanted to help improve the communication between Greece and the other European states. I have sat in education committees, used me for the rights of women and human rights and, of course, for all aspects of cultural policy.

But then I realized that I better ‘m in, to give people hope as a singer, and I’ve learned to accept the world as it is. The only question I maybe different from others, is the belief that things will turn for the better for future generations.

The currently difficult to believe.

I know, but we must not give up hope that people will find a solution to their problems, even if it is difficult is and it will require much courage.

1962 you took in New York on a jazz album, which was produced by Quincy Jones. Back then, you looked confident and almost rebellious from record covers. Were your wild days

I had a lot of fight in the 60s, because I was not accepted right: You did not find my glasses pretty enough, and in France they did not like the name Nana, because he means something like “not so clever girl”. But I just wanted to be as I am, and hoped that the audience would accept me just the same. Since I had to sometimes be very stubborn. One thing I knew: that it would not help if I would throw myself into affairs with some men

Now, Quincy Jones, however, is a notorious. womanizer. Has he never made advances to you?

Quincy was still married at the time with his first wife, a very nice girl. That was before he threw himself in his love adventure. But it’s true: I have worked with many exceptionally attractive men like Harry Belafonte and Michel Legrand. And of course I was in love, but only in our work together.

In the 60s and 70s were in Germany many of the great chanson and pop stars from abroad. Today, this has changed completely.

When I appeared with a Greek song and my look, it was something very special, so you could see the people surprise. Today I am pleased with the many German stars, because they give the genre a piece of German identity, and that’s important.

How do you find actually Helene Fischer?

She is very good, but I also like to listen even younger talents like Nicola rust by the band Laing or Rufus Wainwright. I also like Udo Lindenberg very, with whom I’ve worked before.

you both together?

Yes, we have met with Alfred Biolek, where we share “Andrea Doria” sung. Since then we have been friends.

And even with it, you have never beaten over the traces?

Well, Udo and I went together to eat and drank coffee. But I do not smoke and drink only occasionally a glass of wine. And as good singer you must moreover to bed early. I am also a Greek musician and ambassador of my country and since you can not misbehave themselves.

see many singers in the world certainly different.

Okay, well I like to stay awake longer, but then I read or write better.

But you are a superstar. Cultivate not even a tiny Allürchen?

I have to disappoint them, because there’s really nothing. I can not be arrogant to people who listen to me.

Not even a certain kind of hot chocolate before a performance?

Hot chocolate before a performance is not good, but that reminds me that I always need a cup of tea with lemon and honey on the stage. Honey is good for the voice, but unfortunately not for the character

Speaking of FIG. Always all talk about your eyeglasses, but almost even more spectacular are your flamboyant stage costumes.

Most are from France, many of Jean Paul Gaultier and Mine Barral Vergez, some also from Ralph Lauren. Previously I wore Yves Saint Laurent. It is not enough just to have a beautiful voice, you have to pay attention to the stage on his appearance.

What do you wear in private?

Jeans and T-shirt. I’m very rock ‘n’ roll. Well, maybe velvet trousers and silk blouses

Okay, but now the glasses. What was the last model that you have purchased, and why?

A brown horn-rimmed glasses for my husband. Very cute. He has not taken up today

. <-! FixPositionTextGallery ->

Nana Mouskouri was born on 13 October 1934 on Crete. From there, they launched a multilingual international career as a chanson, pop and jazz singer. To date she has sold over 250 million records. On the occasion of her birthday the CD-Box “My journey from 1962 to today” appears with a collection of selected songs.

Fast is better known than their music Mouskouri black pageboy and her black glasses. A look that she has never changed since the beginning of her career.

Mouskouri, who witnessed the Greek resistance against the Nazi occupation is politically engaged, inter alia, it was from 1994-1999 Members of the Greek Conservatives in the European Parliament.

Today she lives with her husband in Paris and Geneva .

She has two grown children.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment