Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dream pair of Jazz: Gaga wears Bennett also under the skin – n-tv.de NEWS

Entertainment
 


 Saturday, October 04, 2014

 
 
 


 
 Lady Gaga is in stress: During the day, they are the jazz diva, in the evening she twirls in her artrave tour as a pop star in the octopus costume on stage. In the interview she talks about the album, which she recorded with crooner Tony Bennett, and how it affects their current concerts.

 


 

Pop star Lady Gaga, now 28, is known for electronic pop songs and flashy outfits. The 88-year-old crooner Tony Bennett was already with Frank Sinatra on stage. Together they give now the dream unequal pair of jazz. In their joint album “Cheek To Cheek” they interpret songs by Cole Porter, Irving Berlin and George Gershwin and amaze them. Gaga has incidentally also has other commitments: On Friday artrave their tour starts by Germany. As the singer overcome the stress she says n-tv.de Interview

n-tv.de. Lady Gaga, your jazz album with Tony Bennett is so great at. Is this for a clearance

Lady Gaga: Schon. Anyway, I’m absolutely overwhelmed, because even praise it jazz experts to the skies. And especially lucky I am, because I wanted to Mister Bennett pride: He has heard me sing at a charity event jazz standards and recognized my true talent. He has the 13-year-old revived, the seven years Jazz sang before they started making pop music.

Was it you because sooner really serious about jazz?

At the time I participated and won in a jazz competition, so these are my roots. It’s so nice now to sing these wonderful songs. I hope that the board also my pop fans, the Little Monsters, be encouraged to want to find out more about the history of jazz and its protagonists.

Finally, you are not always good at critics got away. Have you quarreled with yourself?

Oh, so is truly the business. When I published my first single “Just Dance”, were all excited about the new singer with the synthesizer and the piano. But if you are then the number 1, which is like a marathon. You sprinting and sprinting. I’m so much sprinting that I am in the years 2007 to 2013 can hardly remember! In some ways I rebel with the Jazz also against my own pop music. And that’s exciting.

They say, too, that Tony Bennett would have saved you. What do you mean?

We have become best friends! We spend a lot of time together and lead great conversations – and also about private life. Especially in my career beginnings men have often given me a bad feeling. It is not easy as a young girl in this business. Because I was so quickly famous, I never had the time to work up the hurtful experiences. But when you enter the studio with Tony Bennett, from the first moment everything is different.

In what way?

This starts with the fact that Tony immediately rises from his seat when you enter the room. Just as all musicians who have recorded with us. Tony called me in the studio constantly “Lady”. He is a real gentleman. That alone has wiped out years of pain for me.

Tony Bennett so good for you.

Absolutely! It was also during the recordings a few days where I was in a dark place. When I had to sing the song “Lush Life”, I burst into tears every time. The song is like a decal of my past, it conjured up all my fears. I said to Tony: “I’m sorry I’m full of the track.”. And he just said, “No, you’re singing the beautiful You’re a sophisticated lady..” All over again I started and the song was in one take in the box – as he now is on the plate. This song from the thirties of the brilliant composer Billy Strayhorn is definitely my favorite jazz song of all time

Where do you hang really liked your buddy Tony from?

Now, we’re both New Yorkers with Italian roots. In the Italian restaurant my parents in Manhattan, we feel very comfortable. There are Italian-American home cooking the recipes of my grandmother. It runs a lot of jazz in the background. Tony was already without me. My parents love it when he stops by. I have also visited him in his studio. He is a very good painter and draftsman. His sculptures are beautiful.

He has drawn you sometimes naked!

Right, so it began with us. I was the first time in his studio. But it did not strike me as funny. I was just his muse at the moment. In the presence of an artist I feel automatically comfortable. The great Annie Leibovitz has photographed us. It is nevertheless interesting that I was naked when I visited Tony for the first time. Because this time I’m with him again naked – in the music! There is nothing more intimate than jazz. Insofar Tony has now seen every part of me naked! I wear Tony even under the skin!

How so?

I had asked him to draw me a draft of the trumpet of Miles Davis. That he did. She gave me so much that I had them tattooed on the inside of my right upper arm.

Did you give Mr. Bennett also styling tips?

(laughs) No! But to be honest, I initially kept waiting for him to say something like: “So, when we sing together, then do not tighten the transparent Fummel” No matter what I wear, Tony makes me constantly compliments on my outfits. He loves everything I do, and I think he means it that way. He did not judge me. For me it is something my Fred Astaire, in chic. So I can beside him as Ginger Rogers feel.

And sometimes wearing elegant clothes

I think slowly liking it. The last thing I want to dress when I’m out with Tony, is something in which I can make no move and vibrate my whole body. I think it is relatively simple, so I can really focus on the songs, the words and Mr. Bennett. Also my hair I wear very simple.

Well, your hair Krause on the album cover is pretty lush!

This is what my hair out when I come out of the shower in the morning and I do not wear wigs! So I go not only with the music but also the hair back to my roots. My Italian curls are a reflection of my true self.

This one has not seen in the form since the disco era.

Okay! Such locks has worn a little more since the “Studio 54″ times. With the possible exception of Cher, Tina Turner and Bryan May.

On Friday your “artrave” tour starts in Germany. How to insert the switch from jazz to pop?

More about
 
 
 

Not at all! I bring my passion for jazz in my artpop-ball just on stage! After my appearance with Tony in Brussels, I had two shows in Holland, because I have this right now: I have more improvised, I play the piano in the jazz style, and where it fits, I sing a lot of jazzy. This can only be good, because I can still learn so much. I’ve not even started properly

with Lady Gaga Katja Schwemmer language

CD: Tony Bennett & Announcements. Lady Gaga “Cheek To Cheek” (Interscope / Universal) – Order at Amazon

Lady Gaga’s artrave: The artpop BALL:

3.10. Hamburg, O2 World
7.10. Cologne, Lanxess Arena
9.10. Berlin, O2 World
2.11. Vienna, City Hall

  Source: n-tv.de
 


 
 
  LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment