Friday, September 25, 2015

Comeback with New Order: New Order make “Music Complete” – n-tv.de NEWS


 Entertainment

 

 Friday, September 25, 2015

 
 
 

 
 New Order are back – with a changed line and the album “Music Complete”. In n-tv.de interview but the band stalwarts Bernard Sumner and Stephen Morris talk about Take That, Ian Curtis, “Tutti Frutti” and a fiasco with “Blue Monday”.

 

 
 

New Order are back – with the album “Music Complete”, which is down significantly compared to the electronic two predecessors again. It is the first album in her new label home “Mute” and also the first without her legendary bassist Peter Hook. For keyboardist Gillian Gilbert again emerged in 1980 out of the band Joy Division (“Love Will Tear Us Apart”) with one of the party.

New Order, as a singer Ian Curtis, the took life. Their known songs include “Blue Monday” and “Bizarre Love Triangle”. Although the band members now end 50 are: As a late work does not sound the tenth album “Music Complete”. Slow songs searches you out in vain. Brandon Flowers (The Killers) and Elly Jackson (La Roux) are as guests on the panel.

n-tv.de visited New Order in advance in her studio in Macclesfield at Manchester. Surrounded by green fields (outside) and a smorgasbord of instruments and “Dr. Who” -Memorabilia (indoors) tell vocalist / guitarist Bernard Sumner (59) and drummer Stephen Morris (57) of broken legs, Iggy Pop, and Take That ” Tutti Frutti “

n-tv.de. Gentlemen, New Orders biggest hit is” Blue Monday “. What memories do you so

Bernard Sumner: The worst! I have a broken leg to me because of the song in Germany! Is not so long ago. We played in a club in Berlin, then was still a house music party in the premises. I was a bit drunk and stood on the dance floor. And then put on the DJ “Blue Monday”, and suddenly stormed all in my direction. I thought, I can not now dancing to my own damn song! I wanted to disappear. Unfortunately, someone had placed a low table in the middle of the dance floor, in the I am then fully stepped in. And the middle of a tour

Stephen Morris: We’ll still never get tired of playing “Blue Monday” live. The song we still love

rest That’s something you do not want is: Tonight you put on the Reeperbahn Festival their tenth studio album, “Music Complete” before

.

Morris: We are touring a lot in recent years. We felt already as a living museum. But we want to be a Museum! So it is high time to let new blood flow through the vein. It is also important to remain credible as a New Order.

It’s the first record without your 2007 retired bassist Peter Hook. What do you respond to people who say, without his bass lines sound like New Order New Order not

Sumner:? To us that says yes no. The alleged eh probably only Peter Hook himself! One writes songs and no bass lines. That would be something like this, as if the Rolling Stones Bill Wyman nothing without! And finally our new album sounds also so happy and uptempo, because there are no more cockfights within the band and the guy who all pulled down, has left us. New Order are today again a unit

Morris:. Life is too short to always getting angry. And Peter seems to be happy with what he is doing today. . So a win-win situation

And that he once again becomes part of New Order, is excluded

Sumner: I can not me more imagine working again with him. In fact we had the already once tried, after we had taken a break of five years. First all was well again, but then he was re-sour. A second time, it will not happen. He has not only left the band, he also said that New Order would be completely dissolved. Pretty brazen. When a band dissolves, you need the consent of all the band members

What exactly was the problem

Sumner:.? Part of the problem is that Peter and I’m so incredibly different people. He no longer bear it in New Order, he did not like me. He is very competitive thinking. So I’m not. I also do not think that’s good for a band. One should rather act as a football team: The goal should be victory, not whether one has even shot goal. But in some way he has us nevertheless inspired to this album

How

Morris:.? Shortly after he was gone, we had only once the feeling the need for a break from New Order. Then we asked ourselves: What do we do next? At the same time, we learned through the press that he wants to perform the Joy Division album “Unknown Pleasures” in its entirety as a concert. And we said: “If he does, why we hold us back?” Thus the decision was made

What’s up with the new song “Tutti Frutti” is all about

Morris:.? (laughs) We now know that there was a TV show in Germany with the title. A topless show. But so what we would have never looked at

Sumner:. The song is also called so because I suddenly got the idea to have a bona fide Italians speak a few lines of text dirty about sex in it. So our co-producer Tom Rowlands asked by the Chemical Brothers the guys from his favorite sandwich shops if he once briefly comes into the studio.

What do you need to write texts , Mr. Sumner

Sumner:? It is hard for me to write songs when it’s a beautiful day and the sun is shining. Because I’ve got to dream away, when I write lyrics. And that feels in broad daylight wrong. Most of all I like it when all of them are already in bed and absolute silence reigns. That’s why I need the night and the winter. The music we make then like daytime also. The good news here in the north of England is so, that it is already dark before 16 clock in the cold season. Perfect for me! The new record was created in the last two winters

Morris:. In the early days of New Order, we have Bernard yet laid terrible words in my mouth. We had the attitude: There are only words, let’s write something for him, what sounds good to the music

Sumner:. I would have never even dreamed that I’ll Singer times. Even as a child or teenager I would have not believed in life. It was never my dream. I always wanted to play guitar only. When I to take over the position after the death of Ian (Curtis, lead singer of Joy Division, n. D. Red.), Confronted me with the task to write lyrics. But I did not have the spark of an idea! I could not build respect thereto. Expressing myself in the way I meant anything yet. So we lined up just any words to each other. But today I absorb the vibe of the music, the atmosphere. I synchronize the music with my words. And hope fervently that our lyrics are better today.

You have time even poetry on the plate in the form of a spoken-word performance of Iggy Pop. Surprisingly really

Sumner: These inspired me a documentary about buffalo and plenty of wine. But I knew immediately that “Stray Dog” must be read by Iggy. His album “The Idiot” came out at the time when we started by that time with Joy Division. I can still remember exactly how Ian Curtis played me the plate, when I visited him for the first time at his home in Macclesfield.

That house will now become the Museum!

Morris: Yes, and we can not do anything. It is distasteful to the place where someone has taken his own life, to build a museum. It’s almost suicidal-glorification. This is evident also in such things, that his memorial stone was stolen not long ago

Sumner:. Ultimately, it is also about the welfare of his daughter and his wife, who still live in Macclesfield. With most fans just come because they have a strong connection to him and the songs of Joy Division. They hope to be able to feel connected to Ian here physically

As ubiquitous Ian Curtis in your life

Sumner:.? I do not think any Day at him. But there is still a tragedy. And always ask people: “Have you seen it coming?”

Morris: And the answer is: “No!” If we had been in 1980, the people of today, then we might have noticed something. But there was previously no evidence of suicide

Sumner:. Ian was not a depressive person, even if his lyrics have given it signs. This only began to him when he was diagnosed with epilepsy. He therefore had to take powerful drugs. In the late seventies, such preparations were not well controlled. . Ian went quickly to the ceiling, but came quickly back down and was until recently a very kind, thoughtful man

Which band was probably more important for Manchester – New Order or Take That

Morris: Take That come not even from Manchester! Robbie Williams is really from Stoke-on-Trent. Thus, they are disqualified. (laughs)

Sumner: My daughter has recently showed me a live Mittschnitt of Take That and said: “Such jackets with lights off, you should also carry on the stage your. clothes are really boring! ” I told her that I would have something to discuss only with the rest of the band

And:. You’ve done that

Sumner:? Of course not ! (laughs)

Mr. Morris, daughter Tilly is in the band Hot Vestry. How’s that for you

Morris: I’m definitely always amazed at how completely different the approach of young bands nowadays. They have already finished, designed and printed before they even know where they are going to play.

Read more about Merchandising T-shirts
 
 
 

Sumner: My children have opted for completely different professions: My daughter works in the stable with horses and my son in a computer game industry. And the other son is so clever that he three years, “Artificial Intelligence” and a year “neuroscience” studied at the University. He wants to become a scientist. How good that he so does not come after his father.

With New Order Katja Schwemmer’s

said the album “Music Complete” at Amazon Order

live broadcast of the album pre-listenings and the panel discussion from the Reeperbahn Festival on Friday evening from 20 clock on www.electronicbeats.net

  Source: n-tv.de
 

  themes
 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment