Thursday, July 23, 2015

Michael Douglas about his role in “Ant-Man” – THE WORLD

Michael Douglas is a legend for decades. But now only him but also his children find cool. From Oscar for “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” they know nothing, movies like “Wall Street,” they do not know. But that Papa “Ant-Man” plays along in the new Marvel movie, inspired his children. After Robert Redford in the second “Captain America” ​​is the 70-year-old second-Hollywood veteran, who finished the comic series.

After his tongue cancer concerns one made by the actor. Today he is as successful as ever. Last year, he won the Golden Globe for the title role of “Liberace” and opposite Diane Keaton in “The borders on love” to see. Now he plays a prominent supporting role in “Ant-Man”. We met him in London at the Corinthia Hotel for an interview. Only questions about his mother Diana, who had died four days before our conversation at the age of 92 years, were off-limits.

The World: Mr. Douglas, you see in a comic book adaptation. So we did not expect

Michae l Douglas:. I have always hand it hoped it would even go so far. Two of my closest friends, Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito were certainly present when this boom with the “Batman” films of Tim Burton went off: as Joker and Penguin. Then I was always envious. Recently, however, I began to doubt whether it would ever give me such a role. That is why I was delighted and did not hesitate for a moment when you “Ant-Man” offered me

The World:. you’re a comic book fan

Michael Douglas: Oh no, not a bit. Was I not also a child. When I got the role, I had not the slightest idea who this Hank Pym is that I should play there. The production sent me so even two leather-bound volumes of “Ant-Man” comics from the 60s, so I could read a little. But you know: One would also be able to offer me the phone book, as long as it would have been filmed as consuming Marvel film full of special effects. It was just this kind of movie that I felt like

The World:. Are you looking for, since the cancer defeated, specifically looking for roles in which you can press the Tube

Michael Douglas: With my conquered disease has nothing to do. And before you ask: I’m fine! I’m just always looking for roles that I have so never played. That has always been so, even before the cancer. Movies like “Ant-Man” or “Liberace” are therefore been just the thing for me, because they were new and different from anything else in my career.

The World: 40 years ago, they produced” One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest “, your first movie. Would you then also made a film like “Ant-Man”

Michael Douglas: Of course, why not? You must remember that I have over 30 years ago yes, for example, the science fiction film produced “Starman”. Because it was not about a superhero, but still an alien. I would then also not have minded even to take over the main role

The World:. Why you did not do it ‘? / p>

Michael Douglas: You would not let me, producer or not. As an actor, I was known indeed mainly from television, from the series “The Streets of San Francisco”. Unlike today, there was time between cinema and television still clear limits that could be breaking very tedious. I had stopped the series in order to produce “Cuckoo’s Nest” and won an Oscar for it even. But whether the people now saw me as a television or as producers face – an established theater actor I was not. That’s why the studio was then to another actor. And so the role went to Jeff Bridges

The World:. Dustin Hoffman said in a recent interview, the state of cinema is now as bad as the last 50 years not

Michael Douglas:. I suspect, of course, what he means. Movies like “Kramer vs. Kramer” or “Tootsie” had unfortunately damn hard to come these days to the canvas. For smaller or formed outside the major studio productions remains very little space. as well as? A company like Disney, for example, now owns Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm with the “Star Wars” franchise. Thus are already automatic six or seven of their ten films a year occupied by the blockbusters these big brands. That’s why these days is booming so the cable and pay-TV so, just like Netflix and other streaming providers. Many ambitious screenwriters simply change the media, because they there more freedoms and opportunities than in the cinema

The World:. Even Your much beach Exploder movie “Liberace” was indeed a TV production

Michael Douglas:. Right. In Europe, he came to the movies, but in the US he was only on television. Despite big names like Matt Damon or Steven Soderbergh no rental wanted to bring him to the canvas. This has really opened my eyes. For I myself also had been a few small independent films as “King of California” or “Solitary Man” was filmed, which has unfortunately seen hardly anyone. I found the increasingly depressing. But exactly why I welcome the fact that the TVs are getting bigger first place in the living room and, secondly, always open up new distribution channels such as video-on-demand or streaming. So even those movies have a chance

The World:. What are the roles of your career are particularly important to you

?

Michael Douglas: Well, that can be difficult to answer. I always marvel at any rate, what I appeal to people on the street all. This ranges – depending on the age group – from “The Streets of San Francisco” on “Wall Street” or “Falling Down” to just “Liberace”. I myself have been and continue the figures prefer that moved in gray areas, somewhere between hero and villain, as Gekko in “Wall Street”, the guy in “Falling Down” or even Colton in the “On the Hunt” – adventures. As everywhere swung a dark humor with which I really like

The World:. are approached on the street you have your half a lifetime. Not sometimes you miss the anonymity

Michael Douglas: Clear, sometimes. But the advantage of it, growing up with a famous father is that you learn early on how to deal with fame. And every time I’m annoyed perhaps the fact that I can not go anywhere unnoticed, it occurs to me again, how much easier will I get a reservation at my favorite restaurant. The matter has simply pros and cons alike

The World:. In the first scene of “Ant-Man” looks one thanks to modern computer tricks a Michael Douglas as 30 years ago. She agreed the sight of her younger self nostalgic

Michael Douglas: Oh, what is nostalgic. But would not we all like young again? Once again, go back in time, that would be what, or not? However, of course, with the knowledge of today. Above all, I am really fascinated by this motion capture technology, with which I was rejuvenated for the film. This also completely new possibilities are opening up

The World:. For example

Michael Douglas: Well, I could start a whole new career. Again the young heroes and adventurers of the past play, for I am far too old in reality. A sequel to “Romancing the Stone” in which I look a single day older than time – that would be something, or

The World: But probably the madness in recent years has become more worse, or

Michael Douglas: Clear, all want Selfies. Or at least have cameras on the phone and snap up even unasked. It is very annoying when you are sitting somewhere with his family and believes that it was a private moment. Until then you can look up and realized that three tables away yet again someone is sitting, who has unsheathed his smartphone. Not to mention that today everything goes so much faster. The work of the paparazzi. Sometimes one is on vacation at the beach and even while you’re dries already find pictures of it on the Internet, how to just jumped into the waves. So that’s just today.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment