Friday, May 29, 2015

Kiss reload the live spectacle: “We are not the Rolling Stones” – n-tv.de NEWS

Entertainment
 


 Friday, May 29, 2015

 
 
 

more than 100 million records sold, a collection of gold and platinum awards, with the can display only the archives of legends such as the Beatles and the Rolling Stones measure, and a merchandising empire that in about as many products holds as a complete KaDeWe floor: In Kiss universe is not spilled, but padded. And now for 40 years. This day falls the Kabuki-Rocker again over Germany here. Of course, only the biggest halls have been booked in Hamburg, Berlin and Leipzig. Each smaller arena would the immense burden of a Kiss-production hardly withstand. With plenty of fire, smoke, pyro and confetti in the luggage also at the Munich Olympic Stadium (“Rockavaria”) and the Schalke Veltins Arena (“Rock im Revier”) be put into fitting. Kiss leave in late autumn of her career more tracks than ever. But how come? What’s so fascinating about four elderly rockers, the stomping preach rock’n’roll with lots of makeup on her face and on high plateau boots? n-tv.de spoke with Kiss drummer Eric Singer on passionate fans, live and highlights missing young

n-tv.de:. ​​Eric, on your band website invites her up again and again like pictures of your fans. What stands out here: Your fans seem to be getting younger. Even kindergarten kids posing completely made up and with upraised fists. How do you explain the

Eric Singer: It may sound clichéd, but Kiss fans can not be compared with other fans. I have already sat at many major acts behind the drums. Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Bryan May, Lita Ford: These artists have all great fans, no question. But Kiss fans from the normal enthusiasm it one more. They are full of passion. Nothing can beat the band. And this enthusiasm of the next generation is in the cradle. There are the grandparents, who have grown up with the band in the early seventies. The have the Kiss gene then inherited by their sons and daughters. And these come today to our concerts, taking into account their offspring on their shoulders.

The elderly are likely to have the band often seen live. But what about the youngest? What would you answer, for example a six-year Kiss fan from Berlin who asks you next week whether he you in the next or the next year can be admired again? I mean, Gene is celebrating his 66th birthday three months …

You know, I am a person who lives the moment. What was interesting to me any more than what might come, or maybe not. I understand the people who make themselves increasingly concerned about the future of the band. Kiss is not the Rolling Stones. We do not run with sneakers and T-shirts across the stage. We need more than two hours to get ready for a show. I mean, you just look at genes. His costume weighs about 20 kilos! That one can not forever lift naturally. The moment in which it is no longer, of course, moves ever closer, no question. But when exactly will that be? I do not know.

What will happen to you? Gene and Paul have mentioned in the past frequently, that it will continue with the band even without the two remaining original members

Eric Singer:. For me, this chapter would be finished. Gene and Paul are and have always been the driving force in the band. You have written most of the songs and represent by far the most striking characters of the band. When they go, I will go also.

Gene is not a child of sadness. Not everyone is clear with his views. How do you feel about him?

Gene is a personality. He knows exactly what he wants. So many people have a problem. I believe there are millions of people out there who like so would he. But only a few have what it takes. And the man tends now time to demonize supposedly unattainable sometime. This is called envy. Do not get me wrong. I’m certainly not in conformity with everything Gene thinks or does. But he pulls through his thing. That impresses me again and again. He also brings me every day to laugh. He is in fact an extremely funny guy. ( laughing ) In addition, he spits blood, breathes fire and flies in an armor in front of my drums up and down. So a guy you have to love it, right?

Of course! Is that also your personal live highlight? The moment when genes in direction hall ceiling adopted?

Yes, sort of. Those are a few minutes in which I do not have to play. So I’m sitting on my stool and watch me around. And what I see then? A huge stage, enveloped in smoke and fire. Everywhere flickering lights and twenty yards in front of me turn thousands of people at the wheel. That’s pretty crass.

Sounds like a great job.

Yes, the Best, if you ask me.

Many critics of the band Kiss reduce only on the show. Offend thee that?

No, not at all. Kiss ARENT conventional band. The show is one of them. The whole experience is one of them. The merchandise that Meets & amp; Greets, the unplugged gigs before the concerts: All this is Kiss. But all that would not work without the music. And we are not talking of Allerwelts-Dudelei. Songs like “Rock And Roll All Night”, “Detroit Rock City” or “Love Gun” are rock milestones. Whoever denies this simply has no idea. Point. And such people I can not annoy me. That would be a waste of time.

For you are old hands in the business. How are things at the new rock generation? Gene makes the effect so worried.

Yes, and quite rightly. Of course, there are many young bands that have what it takes to achieve great things. What I, however, is missing are figures of light. I see no new Steven Tyler out there. I also find no new Freddie Mercury. Also not like Robert Plant or Paul Stanley; Guys who draw the crowds under her spell. That worries me.

What’s with Dave Grohl?

A great musician, no question. I love the Foo Fighters. But Dave is more of a team player, not a solo entertainer. Someone like Paul Stanley or Steven Tyler you could also alone on the stage. Such types are currently in short supply.

What about in other industries like?

Since then fails because of the music. (Laughs)

examples?

Now that I noticed Beyonce and Bruno Mars one. The two have made it really on it.

Wow! And from the mouth of a bona fide Rockers. Hats off!

Read more about

Quality can now not be denied. If something is good, then it is good; no matter whether you like or not there personally. I can not take them seriously, who want to tell me that Beyonce can not sing people. That’s bullshit. I would even go so far as to claim that their currently more than any other singer on the planet can hold a candle to.

Who can hold a candle to Kiss?

When it comes to package certainly not many. And I say that not just because I play in the band. I can count on one hand the people who told me after a Kiss show that they had expected more. And God knows, I’ve talked with thousands of people already after our shows.

I’m curious. Maybe we’ll meet next Wednesday after the show in Berlin. Let’s see what I have to say then.

You will not regret it. Believe me.

With Eric Singer said Kai Butterweck

  Source: n-tv.de
 


  themes
 
  LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment