Friday, February 19, 2016

Teddy Award at the Berlinale: Fummel and Faust – Tagesspiegel

10:53 <- self.position eq 1 -> <- self.position: 1 -> <- classid: hcf-center -> <- position:! center -> <- textposition: hcf-text-left -> <- inisprint: false ->

Tonight is the Teddy Award awarded for the best queer Berlinale film – for the 30th time! A birthday greeting from Director and Teddy Award winner Rosa von Praunheim.

<- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: -1 -> <- classid!: ! hcf-inline-left -> <- position: left - textposition> <-> <- inhaspic:! true -> <- ! - include ps2> <- self.position eq 2 -> <- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: 2 -> <- classid: hcf-inline- ! left -> <- position: left -> <- textposition: -> <- inisprint: false -> <- inhaspic: true ->

I have the honor , the Teddy Award with a documentary to congratulate the anniversary. The gay-lesbian-transgender – short queer – Film Prize is awarded yes this Friday for the 30th time and the documentary “Welcome All Sexes” then broadcast the next day on Arte. It is a very personal film about the history of the Teddy. Frantic electrically I sit in the cutting room and sift the many exciting images from 30 years. I speak with winners like Elfi Mikesch and Ulrike Ottinger and remember Werner Schroeter, who scored the honorary Teddy shortly before his death.



At the beginning of the price was a little cloth Teddy has

Started in 1987 quite simply the Berlin bookstore Prince Valiant, then in the Bleibtreustraße. Initiator was Manfred Salzgeber. He invented there along with his staff, the attractive Wieland Speck, today Panorama-chief of the Berlinale, the night café. Then the idea of ​​giving a price that got the first Pedro Almodóvar and Gus Van Sant came. The knew at that time not a pig, but soon afterwards they should be world famous

. <- self.position - otherwise> <- self.position: - 1> <- classid:! hcf-inline-left -> <- position: left - textposition> <-> <- - inhaspic: true> <- include ps1 -> <- self.position eq 1 -> <- inteaserpicposition:! 1 -> <- self.position: 1 -> <- classid: hcf-center -> <- position: center -> <- textposition: hcf-text-left -> <- self.position eq 2 -> <- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: 2 -> <- classid: hcf-inline- ! left -> <- position: left -> <- textposition: -> <- inisprint: false -> <- inhaspic: true ->

I still remember as I once gave a big party for Almodóvar in my apartment. On the balcony I had hung a large sheet, “Welcome Pedro,” he came bekokst with his muse Carmen Maura. The price was still a small cloth Teddy from the store, not the bronze by Ralf König on a powerful paver. That was long ago, no so glamorous spectacle as it is today.



awareness training through films

Manfred Salzgeber was for me already a very important person. When I came in the sixties to Berlin, he ran the bookstore Schoeller am Kurfürstendamm. He and his great recommendations for books and movies were an important reference point for gays. When he opened a cinema and a rental, he drove AIDS and underground films from the United States. That was educational work. The he supported through his film work; at the Berlinale, he worked with until the Forum of New Cinema, where I yes 1971 my documentary “Not the Homosexual Who Is Perverse, But the Society in Which He Lives” showed. Then he founded the Festival’s Panorama section – with a focus on gay and lesbian-transgender films. This was a completely new world in an A-festival

. <- self.position eq 1 -> <- self.position: 1 -> <- position: center -> <- textposition: hcf-text-left -> <- inisprint: false -> <- inhaspic! : true -> <- self.position eq 2 -> <- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: 2 -> <- classid: hcf-inline-left ! -> <- position: left -> <- textposition: -> <- inisprint: false -> <- inhaspic: true ->

In Germany we had yes won some acceptance, but by AIDS, she was questioned again in the eighties. That was a tragedy. Because people like the CSU politician Peter Gauweiler have demanded even stock for gays. All the more important that there be a forum for these films, and even an extra price was.



Finally from the full scoop

The Teddy ceremonies were moved higher and the gay center Schwuz, with endless Tuntenshows. Then they went into the Tempodrom with over 3,000 guests. The parties then are legendary and will not only attract many horny gay. Since 2006, then transferred to the channel Arte, the ceremony, and it was at the gala draw on unlimited finally more

. <- self.position eq 1 -> <- classid:! hcf-center -> <- position: center -> <- textposition: hcf-text-left -> <- inhaspic: true -> <- self.position eq 2 -> <- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: 2 -> <- classid:! hcf-inline-left -> <- position: left -> <- textposition: -> <- inisprint:! false -> <- inhaspic: true ->

my first own Teddy I got 1990 levels. For AIDS Movies “positive” and “Silence = Death”. That was the simple substance Teddy. Nevertheless, I was very moved because Phil Zwickler, who broke up with me these two films in New York, has come to Berlin. He had been diagnosed with AIDS and died shortly afterwards. I was in tears there when he spoke. He has so tough and well spoken. In the year I was also represented with “Survival in New York” at the Berlinale. And with “Affengeil” at the Hof Film Festival. For my career so the price was not as important to other people already.



How long have I hoped it

Yes, and 2014 I finally got the honor Teddy. That made me very happy because I’m the world’s most prolific gay filmmaker. How long have I hoped. I had around 25 films at the Berlinale, which would have deserved all one. But who ever said, move it the more, I was too young. But then I got 2013, the Berlinale Camera and the honor Teddy.

I used hardly won prizes because I’m not cinematically as the esthete. Mir is the political content more important than the form. Except when my girlfriend Elfi Mikesch who got together with me the honor Teddy, takes the camera. That’s awesome. Elfi could pick the teddy it myself. I played sick and had to send my two men.! Mike, with whom I lived and worked for 38 years, and my friend Olli, with whom I have been together for eight years

<- self.position eq 1 -> <- inteaserpicposition: 1 -> <- self.position: 1 -> <- classid: hcf-center -> <- position: center -> <- inisprint: false -> <- inhaspic: true ->

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment