Thursday, August 25, 2016

On the death of the writer Michel Butor – Farewell to the great representatives of … – Germany Funk

“You will be calm and reasonable and no longer remember, because it is done, the step is done, I am here, you must always repeat to you: I go to Rome, I go to Cécile, and if I settle down on this place, this is because of them, because I have had the courage to me to decide on this adventure. “

Michel Butor reads from a novel he published in 1957 and the as a important works of the Nouveau Roman applies. In “Paris – Rome Or. The modification” drives a man on the train from the French to the Italian capital. In Paris his family lives, in Rome his mistress Cécile. And because of her, he wants to leave his family. Perpetually thinks through the man and this step is always uncertain. In it, a modification takes place on the train

“I had a Railroadman childhood My father was in the railways is why we were able to drive virtually nothing Getting around was for me as a child…. With the train ride. I am also interested in the railroad schedules so the close connection between time and place. In principle, the trains run on time going and arrive on time. If you know the time, you also know the place and vice versa. This fact allowed me with fewer words to say more. “

morality and grammar of the railway called Michel Butor this connection between time and place. With grammar in the strict sense, namely with the French grammar, Michel Butor employed extensively: In the ’50s he worked in various countries, from Egypt to Britain, as French teacher. From this activity the idea, his novels “The schedule”, “Modification” and “stages” with both educational and aesthetic engagement came to order: “To illustrate

the grammar, I have the middle section . the sentences inserted Incidentally, this is in textbooks usual Normally yes some sentences make a paragraph but I wanted to have a set and in several paragraphs, the interlace is similar to the transition from one verse to another that was my intention…. I wanted novels poems are “

buffs will be

play as a small boy for novels with the form, break the laws of the genre, to break away from the affected prose of the 50s -. the wanted all authors of the French Nouveau Roman. Michel Butor but seceded back in the early 60s by the Nouveau Roman and ever published no more novels. Butor was born on September 14, 1926 in a suburb of Lille and was interested in as a small boy for novels and encyclopedias.

“I love to rummage through old libraries I discovered, for example, the French author . Buffon in the library of a castle I wanted to know what Buffon wrote about my name My name, Butor – German:. bitterns – called a bird, but was formerly also a bad swearword As a child I suffered greatly Someday.. I saw so after what Buffon wrote about Butor and behold.. the animal turned out to be there as an extremely likeable creatures with very interesting sites “

In the book” boomerang “Michel Butor Buffon took Description bird on and added along with four other animal descriptions into a collage. This created a new mythical creatures with the characteristics of five animals. insert quotes in your own text, things and materials together that do not belong together, at first glance – the loved Michel Butor. He was a master at associating. In his multi-volume “dream material”:

“Very often a family member says at the breakfast table:’I tonight a special dream gehabt.` And the others say:’Los, erzähl.` But mostly disappears the dream at the exact moment. in my dream prose I have put my own dreams with others dream descriptions in conjunction, they in a sense via channels. the result is a network with which I wanted to catch the dreams of the reader. “

Shuf a completely new form of travel prose

After his fourth novel “stages” Michel Butor turned the poem and the essay and created an entirely new form of travel prose. In the band “genius loci” he describes the temple in Delphi in a single sentence anthemic, extending over five sides. The form should be the subject of justice. Sometimes Michel Butor renounced even entirely on punctuation, if he thought it was appropriate. This form rigor demanded the reader from some and explains why the late publications Butor were hardly read. Its by far the best-known work was the novel “Paris – Rome Or Modification.”. The book, in which a man will leave his wife for Cécile, his beloved in Rome, but the train changes his mind:

“start alone your room, you’re going to write a book to the fill empty these days in Rome, these days without Cécile and the prohibition, you get close to her. Then, on Monday evening, you will return to the scheduled hour to the station to take the intended train, without having seen it. ”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment