Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Noel Gallagher Liam, Oasis and Helene Fischer – THE WORLD

Noel Gallagher likes the simple. If the former Oasis songwriter is on stage, his gaze passes by the audience – the show is not his thing. A man, a guitar, a song. He has just published with the High Flying Birds, his own band, their second album “Chasing Yesterday” (Sour Mash) and at home, captured in the UK, the charts. Currently, the 47-year-old is on another tour around the world. In Berlin, he appeared in the Max-Schmeling-Halle. We met him before the concert for an interview. In a room that looked like a bomb shelter. Noel Gallagher did not mind in the least. Quite the contrary: He thawed and spoke of the death of rock and roll, his hatred of music videos, and he explained why no one will listen to the music of today in a few years

World A gifted dancer and performer, you are not straight, or

Noel Gallagher: Well, yes. There are just artists such as Mick Jagger performing, – and people like Neil Young. And then there are people like me. I just play my songs and do not make great dance moves. I’m too busy to play guitar. But dancing – True, I could really never

World Do you remember the video for “Whatever. “Oasis? At your dance routine

Gallagher: Dark. I was pretty drunk. I had been up all night at a party and I then went directly to the video shoot. I was so drunk that it was annoying Liam. What is quite funny when you think about it today, about Liam and his failure

The world. The video for your own new song “Ballad of the Mighty I” in which you indifferent run down an endless road, is a parody of the video from Oasis. Actually, you may no videos

Gallagher. Oh yes! And as I hate him, that shit. God, where do I start? I do not even like to watch videos. I like music, but not by it. This footage me my producer has asked: What You’re willing to do? I said nothing, I am willing to walk straight, that’s all. And then he said: Okay, then straight run. It was damn cold, boring, took twelve hours fucking and cost a fortune. I should have stayed at home

The world. We see in the video but those hipsters who ordered chai latte and Selfies constantly makes. Is this the paradigm shift in popular culture

Gallagher: You could say that. But the guy is super funny. Just as we were starting to film, he asked me if he could take a picture with me and has constantly called me Liam. I was of the opinion that we should hold on to. And we did. The rest is absolute shit. Please let us talk about something else

The world. About the death of rock ‘n’ roll? What has replaced it

Gallagher: Nothing. If you look at the charts worldwide, is the only rock that you are still there, the so-called modern rock. I think there is no annoying kill their expression of music as modern rock. . Horrible

The World: Why

Gallagher: Because the music that I hear as Modern Rock, is absolutely atrocious. This is no longer the spirit, the Rolling Stones once had. This is all just so a scrap like Green Day and My Chemical Romance. These types of guitars are nowadays only embarrassing idiot

The world. Is this due to the artists? Or the music business

Gallagher: To both of course. The music business now consists of two parts. It is the part that wants to sell records. And then there is the real music industry. Between the two there is a fundamental conflict: what inspires us artists are the big things. And if you find such inspiration as a musician, that will sell eventually. The major record companies have today but no more patience. They only sell products. No matter what. The main thing is that it sells. Then today, the artists are set. All sissies without profile

The world. You grew up with the big rock stars and even become one. What makes you different from a modern pop star

Gallagher: I have never cared about my career. The mine was always the same. I did not ask to become a single time, as sold any of my records. The only thing that interests me is the disk itself. Today it is different. It’s all about career, and about whom one receives the next song. This, however, you also lose some of its identity

The world. At the end of all sound the same

Gallagher: Exactly. It is, as in all walks of life: there will be no difference. Your music will sound the same. Eventually, it will only be a world language. A world currency. A dress code. Own thoughts you will hold in the future for strange. In politics it is already like that. Nobody wants to say what he really thinks, because everyone wants to be popular. With popularity comes power. With music it is the same. People do not want to be good, but popular. Just as politicians do not really want to do something because anyway the popular gets the job all want to have, because then they have to stand for anything anymore.

World You have your new album”. “named and then explains that you do not like the title

Gallagher: I had the album three months before the publication ready, but no title. The woman from the record company called one day and said we need a title. Today. Completely hungover I asked her when? She said: For three. Since it was ten past one. Shit, I was just woken up

The World! And

Gallagher: I am once again quickly went through the lyrics and thought in the phrase” Chasing yesterday “: This is it! When I was sober again, it occurred to me: For such a good album I would have time to do a bit of thinking about the title. But then I thought of “(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?” Do you remember? Oasis? A really crappy titles. The album has not harmed. In the meantime, do not bother me anymore my current title so much

The world. Sounds quite nice. . A bit nostalgic

Gallagher: Right. In music, it’s always kind of nostalgia. But musically my album is not nostalgic. Well, it is not modern rock, but some of it I have never done so

The world. Jazz and saxophone solos

Gallagher. For example

World Apparently you tell yourself Space Jazz “to do so. What is this

Gallagher: Well, there is not really. We have invented during the Oasis-time. Since there was even a review in a music magazine that said, all our songs sounded alike. Since then we have always asked ourselves: “What do they want from us Space Jazz?” Now I think, this psychedelic jazz could mean that I have tried on my new record times

The world. “Chasing Yesterday” is the first album you’ve produced all alone

Gallagher. Yes, I found the right simple. Most of it was actually already finished when I decided to finish it alone. After the last album I had taken a short break and made a few demo recordings. When I presented my producer, he said, since everything is already finished

The world. It was that easy ?

Gallagher: Yes, you can make things complicated course. But I go to my music with a different attitude zoom. I always make sure to include songs well. That’s enough already then

The world. Oasis have influenced a whole generation in Germany. What you were here with us in the nineties, is now Helene Fischer

Gallagher. Who will be the

World Listen for yourself The song is called “Breathless”

Gallagher: This is terrible! God, we can make it please? That’s just pop music, of which I speak. Today it threatens the entire world. This is music that means absolutely nothing. Or worse: This is not even music. This should be the big thing in Germany? Incredible! But one must always look exactly who wrote such songs. This was not guaranteed these Helene Fischer. Those were a couple of guys my age who are too fat to be rock stars, have a bald head and write shit songs. This song brings someone a lot of money. It makes me very, very sad.

Photo: AP brothers must not be friends: Liam and Noel Gallagher, the end of the nineties, as it is their band Oasis were still

World Do you even know what it is that your band High Flying Birds, so much more successful than Beady Eye, the band their small ? brother Liam

Gallagher: Of course, this is due to the songs. If Beady Eye would have been my songs and I her – who would probably be sitting here today? That’s what the guys have never understood in this band called Oasis. They thought that because that’s what I’m doing, so just look, be it so easy. But the quality of the songs is the reason why people still listen to Paul McCartney and Neil Young. And I’m afraid that’s also the reason why no one is more interested in this song from your Helene Fischer in 25 years.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment