Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Accustomed big mouth: Noel Gallagher: “Let me write a Bond song!” – N-tv.de NEWS

Entertainment
 


 Tuesday, March 17, 2015

 
 
 

The mood on the Falkplatz is excellent. Pale young men with fishtail parkas and Paul Weller haircuts blaring already two hours before “Champagne Supernova” in the evening sky, beer bottles popping and VW Bully with hamburgers, Essen and Munich indicator line the parking lot, sichtversperrende in the windows Oasis- flags.

is also flagged in the vaulted passage of the hall. The light blue banner club Manchester City emblazoned across from the interview room. The place to be: a 9 m² of floor dungeon, windowless, beleuchet garish. A table, two chairs. Such are spaces in which suspects also provide information on Sunday evening in the ARD, where they have spent the crime occurred. At the table sits Gallagher, sleepy latent, yet is not unfriendly

n-tv.de. You travel with a flag of your favorite team

Noel Gallagher: Always

What went wrong in Burnley at the weekend

( Manchester City, Gallagher’s favorite club in the.? 90s aground with Oasis logo on the chest, had with lost 0: 1 at strugglers Burnley )

Man, that was just crap. The boys were in the spirit probably already in the game against Barcelona.

one of your players has played previously at my favorite club.

Oh really, who?

Vincent Kompany.

Oh, Vinnie. You like Hamburger SV. Vincent is great.

In fact, we might as use a him just fine.

I’m sorry for you.

We are used to it, it runs for a few years rather poor for HSV. But we are talking about you: Back in the Day 20 years ago you did with Oasis on US tour played in Detroit. Today can be found from that setlist yet exactly two songs in your program. Can you spontaneously say what?

( He thinks very long. Very hard. )

Digsy’s Dinner!

Exactly. Of all the possible songs of all the. Why?

I do not know. I like it simple.

Is it hard nowadays together a setlist?

Sure, incredible. It takes forever. I mean – I could only play Oasis songs and all would find it okay just two hours. But I have released a new album and I want to present.

In the end, there are certainly many who complain, right? “Why do not you play ‘Wonderwall’?” Something like that?

I can tell you. But it does me not care

In an interview you recently missed you on how much the big bands of the friction between its protagonists -. Jagger / Richards, Lennon / McCartney, Daltrey / Townshend – lived. How’s that for you today without your brother? Missing since what?

Then tell me, will you, what’s so special about them that you have now called! These people have inspired each other, have created something together. My brother has made a shit about the songs I’ve written. He has sung it. Fuck it. That’s all. Whether me because what is missing? Definitely not.

However, everything is now rated at Oasis context, compared to old songs. I do it, too. Is that ok for you? Do you feel as a solo artist now undervalued or wrong?

Oh, I do not know. Look at it this way: If I had to this whole classics of yesteryear contributed nothing, ok, then it would go quite sure on the bag to the need to listen to over and over again how great the past was all. But hey, I have the songs not written at all. Therefore, it is absolutely fine.

Two of your best friends were also once in bands whose Reunion a lot of people would like. Are you sitting sometimes with Johnny Marr and Paul Weller with a pint or ten together and you think to yourself: ‘Now we make it easy’

When I think about right, we have a threesome never sat together. Funny actually. In Marr and The Smiths I’m not so sure. But Weller and a reunion? Man, that will never, never, never happen.

You would look at you but The Jam, right?

One hundred percent. That would be fantastic.

If I am your latest album, which is great, so look at me, I sometimes feel like you’re selling yourself under value. The artwork “man against the wall” is politely told her simply. The title song has almost all been before. And the album title, chosen by you in the morning, half asleep on the phone, do you regret the next day already. What’s going on?

I’m just not the type who does so because the shaft. I write the songs. I play them. I sing them. Sure, the reviews were not so good, people would not like it, that would make me already. But what should I do

The concert exactly that picture: Gallagher comes, he plays, he sings. No more and no less. A job as a guitarist for U2, he would assume kiss, Gallagher had recently expressed. The main thing: Do not forward standing and singing. Now – as long as Bono does not call, he will have to do his job on the mic. And the audience in the – sound technical rather equivocal – Sports Hall will thank Him. “The Death of You and Me” exudes Britpop fair to “Ballad of the Mighty I” there on the big screen animations that look like old Windows screen saver. “Lock all the Doors” has powerful fire and with “The Dying of the Light” takes Gallagher, now with acoustic guitar, perfectly timed the tempo down. And the blower at “The Mexican” are superb. In “Champagne Supernova” is finally clear what accesses most here in the heart. Eben – the ol ‘Oasis classic

I wonder why you do not have an excess song like “While The Song Remains the Same’ on the setlist . <. / p>

Honestly – this is an album track. If I were to play today, he certainly liked you not as good as on the plate. These are so many little details in it

When I the seventh, eighth time I heard with its mix of casual snap of the fingers, the elegance and the diffuse tension, I thought him. Let this man finally Write a Bond song.

Ha, that would be it. A song for a Bond movie, sure. I write to you in a jiffy. , But I think I’m not advocating famous enough. ( grin )

More about

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Oh man, I’m what, 67? I hope I am no longer in a room like this one.

you’re still touring?

I hope so.

If the BBC still play your songs or are you too old then?

Oh, the fucking radio. They want to make believe you that you are not existierst. The people decide there and my records are top of the charts. That being said I do not care, I’m much too busy to have a good time. When not playing me … so fuckin ‘what.

With Noel Gallagher said Ingo Scheel

“Chasing Yesterday” order

Noel Gallagher’s High Flyin ‘Birds are seen on March 19 in Dusseldorf and hear.

  Source: n-tv.de
 


 
 
  LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment