Saturday, July 16, 2016

Steven Spielberg: Mr. Spielberg, what you are afraid? – Times Online

THE TIME: The main character of your new film BFG – Big Friendly Giant is a giant who collects dreams, they mixed together again and in the minds of people crowded. Is not that a definition of director Steven Spielberg?

Steven Spielberg: When I made the film, I actually thought the scene in a dream laboratory of the giant is a symbol of my own fears and longings that become films. Before, I dreamed to go with my films directly into people’s heads. This omnipotence fantasies I eventually left behind me. I am less manipulative than, say, at the times of Jaws

. <- Tile: 7 desktop adctrl ->

TIME One of the dreams that preserved the giant in your Roald Dahl adaptation in glass containers is labeled “I’m naked at my wedding” ,

Spielberg: And another with “I’m naked in the office”.

TIME Have you ever dreamed, naked to appear during filming?

Spielberg: No, this is a typical actor dream! Actors have two major nightmares: to appear naked on the set. And, even worse, dressed to have to appear on the set and forget the text. I have many dreams, but nudity never came before it.

TIME And what you are afraid? Which of your films based on nightmares?

Spielberg: Duel, Jaws, Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds … If I have enough fear of something have, it sometimes manage to rid myself of those fears through filmmaking. I tell a story, and everyone is afraid to death. This may seem common, but for me it is a way to take the nightmare of my chest.

TIME And after the nightmares you have to back “pleasant” shoot films such as ET or now BFG?

Spielberg: Let’s call them films that liberate my imagination. It is as if you abklopft the dust a long, hard, dangerous journey and something else makes.



Movies – “BFG – Big Friendly Giant “(trailer)

TIME Is BFG a kind of ET for the latest generation?

Spielberg:. E.T is one of the films to which I am most proud of because he has conquered the whole world. It is my most personal film because it reveals a deep childhood longing. Every child longs to be taken from a 900-year-old Alien at hand. And of course there are parallels between E.T. and BFG. Both films deal with children who are longing for a friend. In E.T. an alien has been missing for soulmate of a little boy who suffers from the parents’ separation and his father. BFG is about an orphan girl who is devious in a world of giant man-eating creatures and fantasy in the Big Friendly Giant, its protector. Nevertheless, we have BFG not designed as a remake of E.T.. It is simply the best film adaptation of the book, the Roald Dahl ever wrote.





This item is from the TIME No. 30 from 07/14/2016 The current TIME you can at the kiosk or buy here.

TIME have you read the book your children or grandchildren?

Spielberg: again and again. So I know at which points giggling children, smile, afraid. And I see how happy they are when they are released from their fear. It has been through the books you read aloud, a great power over his children. But children do not want you interpret the story for them. They want you to simply read to them the words and you hold back otherwise. Whenever I tried to interpret when reading a book or playing voices did, they shouted: “Dad, stop it!”

TIME:. E.T was 30 years ago. Was it difficult for you to go to the perception and Fantasy today children?

Spielberg: Today children want everything fast – right now or best yesterday. And they want it instantly communicate through social media. Thus, the eye contact, the compound that makes a real conversation is lost. I try not to talk too cynical about it, because I know that all that belongs to a reality that I have to adapt myself. Just as I had to get used as the father doubts that when they got home, my children stared only on screens. And yet I believe that a film that touches the heart and spirit, is able, even children who were born around the year 2000 around, loszueisen for hour and a half of their devices.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment