Sunday, August 23, 2015

Theater: Brecht-Star Carmen-Maja Antoni is 70 – FOCUS Online

Saturday , 08.22.2015, 23:59
Thank you for rating!

0

Report Error
You have an error found?

Please select the relevant words in the text. With just two clicks you report the error the editors.

She is the sister of “Krause” and “Mother Courage” on the stage – the actress Carmen-Maja Antoni difficult to pigeonhole. Now she is celebrating her 70th birthday.

You will be recognized on the street. Because Carmen-Maja Antoni is accustomed. But when suddenly a young woman enters into a Berlin cafe at her table, hugged her spontaneously and kisses, even the quick-witted actress is baffled.

Antoni, who on Sunday (August 23) celebrates her 70th birthday , is a real crowd pleaser – whether in her signature role as Brecht’s “Mother Courage” at the Berliner Ensemble or as grumpy sister of the Brandenburg village policeman “Krause” in the ARD. “The world is colorful!” Antoni says the outburst of her affectionate female fans.

“The Antoni” is one of the most versatile character heads of the German theater and television. Almost 40 years she was a permanent member of the currently headed by Claus Peymann Berliner Ensemble – until she announced two years ago. “I’m not here for Peymann – the same way I have a difficult character – gone. I went to leave this breathlessness of theater-mill behind me, “Antoni said in an interview to the German Press Agency. “The intense theater work leaches and sucked out. And at some point you say to yourself: now I have to do something else before I die again “

Since then, she turns a lot and is the Berliner Ensemble as a guest in” Nathan the Wise. “, And (28.9.)” Mother Courage and Her Children “(5.9.) to see. At a matinee on September 6 Antoni is celebrated there also large – with this are fellow actress Iris Berben, writer Christoph Hein and politician Gregor Gysi. Berben and Antoni – the two women are also private friends -. Stood for almost 20 years for the ZDF crime series “Rosa Roth” common front of the camera

“I was lucky”, the native Berliner says about her life. “I get every evening applause. Of this you can live well, that is beautiful. “Very early on learned Antoni to stand on their own feet. At the age of 10 years it has been discovered for the GDR television, made soon after children cabaret. During her drama studies Antoni occurred at Potsdamer Hans Otto Theatre. At the same time she played leading roles in DEFA films. Early 70s she moved to the Berlin Volksbühne and played under directors like Benno Besson and Fritz Marquardt -. Until the Berliner Ensemble called

“In the film, it did not really work out at the beginning. I was not a lover type. Since I did not fit in, but I then fit just purely in other things, “said the 1.52-meter actress. “And at some point – to the deepest East Times – has a then written again: Why not actually occupied the Antoni, our East Masina. And after the word Masina had fallen twice, I got very fast character roles, “says Antoni and remembers the career boost through the comparison with the Italian actress Giulietta Masina.

” In the work I am a biter and a fighter, “says the energetic actress. “This is my profession. I must not do at home, I’m a completely different person. “And:” I have always been equipped with insolence, “she says. “Impudence is a contradiction. I am a brave, courageous man. Since my childhood I was influenced – to fight back, to put up with anything, not wanting to be the last “Also of critical theater director Peymann’ve learned at the end, to love them.. “I have a very healthy sense of humor, but this is not cynical and mocking. And Peymann loves humor. He is getting on. “

In the reunified Germany Antoni played in numerous successful films. These include Jo Baier’s three-part TV adaptation of Strittmatter’s novel “The Download” Michael Haneke’s award-winning cinema drama “The White Ribbon” and Stephen Daldry’s Hollywood movie “The Reader” with Kate Winslet. “The photo of Kate Winslet and me still hangs on my wall. We had a good rapport with each other. “

The older looks Antoni, the years Asian Martial operation, left. “I’m still healthy and can still do everything. One should not be careless, but happy, “she says. “I’m going to the sport – but according to my age, my back and all, according to according to …” she does not think about quitting. “There are still a few old boxes that I have not played yet,” said Antoni. “When I go into retirement again, then I would perhaps set a cat. But that’s kind of far away. “

 

Thank you for rating!

0

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment