Friday, August 21, 2015

“Pingpong with ideas”: Boy making an album for the Blue Hour – n-tv.de NEWS


 Entertainment

 

 Friday, 21 August 2015

 
 
 

 
 On their new album “We Were Here”, the pop duo Boy is “bigger, reverberant and a bit darker” become. “It’s more a night album,” Sonja Glass says in an interview with n-tv.de.

 

 
 

Four years after their debut album “Mutual Friends” with the catchy “Little Numbers” let Valeska Steiner and Sonja Glass aka Boy again heard from him. For nearly two years they worked on “We Were Here”, wrote melodies and lyrics, only to reject it again and start from scratch. When the muse did not want to snog, they planned to fly to the senses sharpen to New York. And then still remained in Hamburg to explore the city as if they were on the Alster just visiting. With under contract with Herbert Grönemeyer’s label Greenland Records musicians n-tv.de talked about open eyes ideas-pong and a softening of the actual division of labor.

n-tv. de: You call the files on a new album “research”: You go there before scientific

Valeska Steiner:? We just spent with the song ideas a lot of time, they packed in different robes and looked: What is best for you and what touches us? We turn every note and every word very often to

You have you this time struggled with writing -.. And dachtet only Hamburg is to blame

  
  Sonja Glass: Not directly Hamburg as a city. We were at the place where we live and where you can not often go with open eyes through the area. That’s why we thought: There is nothing that inspires us, we have to New York. As full of life because waiting adventures and stories to us. The product may also close environment be exciting, when you open your eyes again and tried to discover in altbekanntem new.

The resulting from the rediscovery of Hamburg song “New York” sounds even after a hymn to your friendship

Steiner:. Yes, he also believes that it is not so much about going where you are, but how and with whom you walk through the world is, who a . entrains and inspired

To what extent it inspires you each other

Glass: I always write the music first and develop the ideas and thus give an emotion or a sentiment Valeska further

Steiner:. And I look: What triggers in me, to what kind of text it excites me? I send Sonja then back. And so it goes back and forth, we play ping pong with ideas.

As you have been thinking about a new place to work, Valeska’s home city of Zurich was also there Topic?

Steiner: I have always divided my time between Hamburg and Zurich. I have found in Zurich many old friends and am a lot with them go, when I’m there. So I’ve collected and imbibed stories among others. In Hamburg I have digested and written

Your Swiss friends must therefore expect that they show up after an intense evening in a song

Glass.?: Valeska makes the ball. Not one to one – but there already appear a few stories and acquaintances

Steiner:. Many do not even notice that. It’s coded. I want nor others expose me in the songs too.

For the song “Flames” have exceptionally you, Sonja, also wrote the lyrics.

Glass: The idea for the text came to me during the writing of the music, which was no longer to separate. We then decided that we sing the song together. But I do not see myself as a singer, and I find it difficult texts, so it took a long time to finalize this text.

You Will “go a step further” with this album. How does this step for you specifically out

Glass: The first album “Mutual Friends” was summery and bright. We have become a bit darker now. The sound is also larger, more reverberant. The issues are partly seriously, without appearing heavy. It’s more a night Album – Valeska likes to say it fits well at the blue hour

Then let’s times on the “serious topics” talk

.. Steiner: The first album was such that I moved to Hamburg, have jobbed as a waitress, sometimes homesick. Then I was moved this spirit of optimism. This time we came back from a long tour and dipped back into their own lives. And had us there again find their way

In Berlin concert the other day you have worked very excited

Glass:.. Our producer was there and because we have so much keep from his mind, makes us nervous. And we had long since played live. After we had been on tour two and a half years, we have worked very withdrawn and completely isolated us. . Because you have to get again a little bit used to the stage

did you exchanged at the time only the two of you

Glass: The writing process always takes place only between us. . Personally, I see songs except Valeska

Steiner anyone: to produce only when we begin, I have a few close confidants to whom I show intermediate results – for example, my sister

If you, Valeska, new music by Sonja get, then you have a certain ritual of the first hearing?

Read more about
 
 
 

Steiner: I hear wherever I’m just – and most immediately, because I’m totally excited. It is important for me to not just sit at a desk. I’m on the road, the music accompanies me and I think about the mood after. This then often takes several weeks.

With Valeska Steiner and Sonja Glass Nadine Emmerich said.

The album “We Were Here” appears August 21 – from Amazon

  Source: n-tv.de
 

  themes
 
 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment