Monday, October 24, 2016

The Walking Dead: “It has almost a little Animal” – Berliner Zeitung

Hardly a series-Cliffhanger was ever so dramatic, as at the end of the sixth season of The Walking Dead. Finally the series is back and the Fans will know the popular figure we must forever say good-bye. On the occasion of the launch of the seventh season, I was able to participate in Edinburgh on a talk show and to meet Gale Anne Hurd (producer) and Michael Cudlitz (“Abraham”) of the TWD Crew a call.

Mrs. Hurd, if one has such an impressive career, primarily in Film, why one is thinking then one day: Zombies!?

Gale Anne Hurd: first and foremost, I am, and I’ve always been a big Comic book Fan. I am now 60 years old, but already as a little girl, me Comics, fascinated. For a girl that was absolutely extraordinary. For this reason, it is not really something New for me, which I deal with, since it is called for, but I’ve always been a passionate Fan of comics. When I heard that the rights for The Walking Dead, a long-known comic book series, I could hardly believe my luck. I feel really lucky to make the series, and if we make it to the eighth season, we the 100. A consequence of turn.

A question directed to both of you: Only few series have such a fervent fanbase as The Walking Dead. For you as a producer and as an actor: Is this Fanverrücktheit a curse or a blessing?

Michael Cudlitz: of Course, there are other Shows that have just as passionate Fans. Maybe not to this extent. But: It is definitely very hard. I wouldn’t want to change, and I have never experienced anything of the sort. I already have some of the series involved, the critics loved were and also Shows that a passionate fan base had, such as the original “Beverly Hills, 90210″ series. I thought at the time: My God, here celebrated as the Beatles have so many Fans! And what happens here now, is so much bigger! So, for me, it is an absolute blessing. The curse is actually more on our side. If you listen to the Fans and itself to prescribe what is to make do, to focus instead on the characters and the stories. So it is up to us to keep the Comics in mind and continue to do our thing. It’s less of a curse, but rather a positive pressure.

Gale Anne Hurd: I would say that it is less a curse, more of a challenge. There is an extremely small part of the Fans, the spoilers. Most want to but the stress and uncertainty – you want to know what happens, if it happens. Then there are sometimes comments from people who are always negative. I wonder then, why they are after six seasons still. But to get all these Fans and viewers under a hat, is a real challenge.

Walking-Dead-speckledächsrunde

Abraham-actor Michael Culditz (third from right) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (second from right).

How was it for you, as one of the main actors of the series, the summer to now? Very stressful?

Michael Cudlitz: Until now, it was actually quite quiet. Most of the Fans are happy when they see me and are very relaxed. Of course, there are some that are annoyed a little bit that you have to wait until the end of October. But generally speaking, there is no Problem.

you will therefore not be mentioned every few minutes on the road?

Michael Cudlitz: of Course, someone who is 1.85 metres tall and red hair will be stared at on the street. And also, the Beard really helps to be incognito. If you then consider the fact that it is one of the world’s most successful series, it is, of course, clear that it is not easy. Until now it worked but always good to be unnoticed on the road. And if it is raised, the Fans are always very respectful. My son reminds me that I’m famous, but at the moment, only popular.

When the incredible success of the series, how nervous you were considering as a producer in terms of “Fear the Walking Dead”?

Gale Anne Hurd: I am now in business for some years on the road and in my experience, fear has brought never a good result. Of course, there are big differences: other characters, no Comic book template, other stories… But if you are trying with a passion to tell a story and not trying to tell the same as before, will be the result.

The journey, make the characters in season six brings for all Parties at a very great personal and character changes. If you take a step back and look at the figures now look, you have embodied Abraham, are they good or evil?

Michael Cudlitz: I would say this is definitely a Good one. The world in which our characters are on the road, it brings back so many hard decisions. And the people are more and more reduced to her simplest Self. It has something almost Animal. There is no society, no standards. But also, if you let the outside world, meet the most people, depending on the situation, a decision that is right for you. From the outside it might, however, be quite different. No one is trying to be per se a bad person.

you might also be interested in

New contents

Video: The June tips from our series junkies

The Walking Dead1

series, “The Walking Dead”: Brutal children die in season six

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment