Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Renée Zellweger: “I laugh a lot about Bridget Jones” – MIRROR ONLINE


To the Person

Renée Zellweger, 47, has been with “Jerry Maguire” (1996) alongside Tom Cruise to a larger audience. It became famous with the role of the neurotic Bridget Jones in “Bridget Jones – chocolate for Breakfast” (2001) and “Bridget Jones – the edge of reason” (2004). For “Cold Mountain” (2003) won the Oscar as best supporting actress. This week, Bridget Jones’ Baby “starts” in Germany.

MIRROR ONLINE: woman Zellweger, prepare yourself for a body Comedy like Bridget will be different stressed than on a worn Drama?

Zellweger: no, that is not the Same, it is always about to capture the veracity of a figure. The only difference is that you can go in a Comedy, up to the limits of its clumsiness, and blundering nature and his character so far distort, that is just not credible. This is so much fun.

MIRROR ONLINE: Differs from the Humor of the British character Bridget Jones of American Humor? (Read also the review of the Film)

Zellweger: it seems to Me, as the humour is mixed, in the meantime, very nice, more of a Crossover product. I play it since 20 years, I see no difference.

MIRROR ONLINE: What are you laughing at in person?

Zellweger: I’m laughing actually, a lot about my character Bridget Jones. Otherwise, I laugh often out of embarrassment, in inappropriate situations – that is, apparently, my defense mechanism. I watch TV Comedy, most like Slapstick.

MIRROR ONLINE: Inspired you as a comedian?

Zellweger: I’m thinking more of what I would like to laugh, and try to play it that way.

MIRROR ONLINE: If Bridget is a clumsy man would be to see the two business women tear – would this work as a Comedy as well?

Zellweger: Well, Peter Sellers, for example, played a very clumsy characters, and was extremely adorable! In this respect, Yes. I think this is gender-independent. Maybe that would be to watch even wonderful, how smart business women flock to a fool.

In the Video: the film start of “Bridget Jones’ Baby” – joke, with a belly

ddp images/ Universal Pictures

MIRROR ONLINE: do you Have the feeling that the implicitness of humorous female characters in the Film, staged by Director, is as they or the female main characters in “Absolutely Fabulous”, just stronger?

Zellweger: Yes, this is changing – but slowly. Much too slowly. In England, the list of writing and directing is the leading women long, in the U.S. there are also more and more. We have better conditions in our contracts to negotiate. And slowly the fact that these films have a monetary value that you create jobs. The audience responded positively to these films – this is an incentive for the industry. The opportunities for women have improved since the sixties – at that time there were already a couple of great comic heroines, but the doors will open slowly for the Inventors and authors of strong female characters.

MIRROR ONLINE: What do you think?

Zellweger:, Among other things, on Social Media. Young women no longer wait to be asked or done, but you can build up your own audience. And other people to commercialize the then quickly. Although there is still no equal pay, but at least we can negotiate in the meantime. A Amy Pohler says: “you Pay me just as much as you think!” And Amy Schumer, it is not okay if the male role in her Film deserves more than you. The has changed.

MIRROR ONLINE: they sometimes Change their dialogs?

Zellweger: My Job is to make a character rise, to make you alive. It is not that you changed some things – it depends, of course, by the time, the mood, the actions or reactions of the play partner. I also believe that spontaneous Changes very much Good can come out. It is simply true, at least in this Medium.

MIRROR ONLINE: Bridget Jones is now working as a TV Producer. What have you learned from the news Studio scenes?

Zellweger:, what happens in such a show live in the control room, this controlled Chaos was incredible. I’m always just a guest. But I’ll be there never again to be talkative, because I think now, that the editors would have to actually cut an important politician, is waiting somewhere on the other side of the globe, instead, the actress sighs on the Couch on her figure.

MIRROR ONLINE: In the Film wants. Bridget is not the man that should have fit according to the Internet-Matching-profile excellent to you, but that is very different than you The basis for a relationship is in real life Similarity?

Zellweger: I should keep my opinions about Dating and relationships is actually more for me, because I don’t know much about it. Bridget is not known that it is always the best choice. But I think that attraction is something not tangible, not measurable. Sometimes, attract, opposites, sometimes people like mirror images.

MIRROR ONLINE: At the end of the film is Bridget’s mother. You changed that?

Zellweger: I think so. She is less naive, adult, must adapt to the circumstances of life. I know that Helen Fielding has even written another book, but I didn’t want to read it, so it influenced me for this movie. Now I’m going to read it, I’m very much looking forward.

MIRROR ONLINE: In the Film bears the Mark, so Colin Firth, the very pregnant Bridget fight shortly before the birth of the hospital – and, by a Demonstration for women’s rights. Bridget moves from the women’s movement path in the direction of the mother. Is to be understood symbolically?

Zellweger: I have not read even! I do not believe, however, that the rights of women and mother to be mutually exclusive! This scene is definitely not a metaphor, but just an encounter. You can be active as a feminist, and many, many children! I’m sure of it.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment